Christmas Meatballs Recipe
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. Place a third of the meatballs on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with waxed paper; microwave on high until cooked through, 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Repeat twice with remaining meatballs.
- 3. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, mix sauce ingredients. Microwave, covered, on high until heated through, 3-4 minutes, stirring halfway. Gently stir in meatballs. Microwave, covered, on high until heated through, 1-2 minutes. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 meatball: 71 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Christmas Meatballs
"Delicious! Made as appetizers and brought to our family's Christmas dinner. Everyone enjoyed them and this was the first time I've EVER made meatballs! I did follow another reviewer's advice and baked the meatballs at 350 for 20 minutes since the thought of microwaving them creeped me out a little. I also made the sauce on the stove. Very good!"
"Very tasty! I made the meatballs a day ahead and placed them in the freezer. I also made the sauce and stored in a zip lock bag in the fridge. Then placed in crock pot on high for 4 hrs. Turned out perfect!"
"Loved'em & everyone else did too !"
"Simple and delicious. I used a crockpot as I cannot stand the taste of microwaved meat."
"I thought the onion soup mix came thru as the dominant taste in these meatballs. Overall, they had a very good flavor & the sauce was tasty - sweet, but not overly sweet. I don't like making things in the microwave, so I baked the meatballs in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes, & made the sauce on the stovetop."
"Absolutely easy to make and everyone just loved them."
"Made it for family from out of town and saw them disappear in no time."
"I make this recipe every year for our holiday party. It has become a tradition for our business' holiday party to have them. Our guest run from 400 to 550 people each year. And each year I find myself making more than the year before."
"I mix up the sauce in a crock pot and add frozen meatballs. After simmering a few hours the flavors are mixed and everyone loves these."
"Absolutely fantastic! Everyone raved."
"A dear friend makes these every Christmas and it is hard to just stop with just a few. They are tangy with the most delicious blend of flavors. They are a much anticipated dish."