Trifle desserts make eye-catching centerpieces. I garnish mine using candy canes and red and green M&M's. Think of the merry possibilities as a kid-friendly project. —Cheryl Tompkins, Kingsville, MO
Featured In: 15 Best Gingerbread Men Cookies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake/cookie mix
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 cups cold eggnog
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (5 ounces) gingerbread man cookies
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions and bake using a 9-in. square baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into 1-in. cubes.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, eggnog and pudding mix 2 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Arrange nine cookies around sides of a 4-qt. glass bowl, using a third of the cake cubes to stand cookies upright. Top with a third of the pudding and whipped topping. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake, pudding and whipped topping. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, top with remaining cookies. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Christmas Gingerbread Trifle in Simple & Delicious December/January 2015
Reviews forChristmas Gingerbread Trifle
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2014
"I love to make trifles, and often add gingerbread cookies, but never thought to use gingerbread men. What a great idea!"