Christmas Gelatin Cutouts
Cool, fruity and creamy, these gelatin treats from our Test Kitchen are richer than plain gelatin and cut easily into whatever shape you want.
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + chilling
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 5 cups boiling water, divided
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) lime gelatin
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- In a large bowl, dissolve strawberry gelatin in 2-1/2 cups boiling water. In another bowl, dissolve lime gelatin in remaining boiling water; set both aside for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes until smooth, about 1 minute. Quickly pour half of the pudding into each bowl of gelatin; whisk until well blended.
- Pour into two 13-in. x 9-in. dishes coated with cooking spray. Chill for 3 hours or until set. Cut with 2-in. Christmas cookie cutters.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 40 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Valentine Cutouts in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.