Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min.
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a small bowl, combine crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Chill 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine gelatin and water; let stand for 1 minute. Add milk; cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in gelatin mixture and lemon zest. Chill until partially set.
- Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Pour over crust. Chill until firm, at least 3 hours. Spread pie filling over gelatin layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 295 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 25, 2012
I made this for Christmas dessert... I used Chocalate baking crumbs instead of Graham Cracker crumbs, bought them by accident and decided to just go with it- don't think I would go that route again, just didn't work out very well... I think the amount of the gelatin in the recipe needs to be doubled as the cheesecake part got very runny at room temperature and pretty much as soon as I took the cake out of the springform... Everyone liked it, but being the "baker" of this dish and a little more critical I think some improvements on the consistency could help this dish out a bit.
Nov 26, 2011
Excellent! My grandkids love it!