- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon diced green pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Chopped pecans, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Shape into two balls; roll in pecans. Cover and chill. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cheese balls (1-1/2 cups each).
Reviews forChristmas Cheese Ball
"Although this was a very simple recipe, it did lack flavor. I could only taste cream cheese. I have tried other cheese balls that have a much better flavor."
"I agree with Martha, I thought it lacked flavor. It didn't taste bad, but I would rather have a store-bought cheese ball, to be honest. Just didn't taste like much of anything. other than cream cheese."
"I have made this so many times its requested every year. I actua)y have the december 2000 issue of the magazine where the recipie was originally printed. Love taste of home!"
"I tried this because of all the positive ratings. It was good, but lacked that pizzaz that gives it a unique flavor and it was just . . . well cheese flavor. I ended up doubling the vegs and adding some celery salt and a tad of garlic. That helped but would have liked a "zip" in it. I didn't know what to add to get that special flavor but will try it again someday."
"Made this last year for Christmas. It was devoured! So good. This was my first ever attempt at a cheese ball and it was so simple. Definitely making again!"
"This is the best cheese ball recipe!!! Friends and co-workers ask for this for Christmas!!"
"The flavors in this cheese ball were subtle. It made the perfect addition to my Christmas appetizer table. I did, however, break the cardinal rule of cream cheese....I made this ahead and froze it. The ball didn't stick together well after being thawed, but it still tasted great."
"Delicious! I modified the recipe a little bit by adding more of the veggies than it called for, but I'm glad I did. It added wonderful flavor and texture."
"The best cheese ball recipe ever. I have been making this for years and it is always a big hit."