Christmas Casserole Cookies
The batter for these specialty cookies is baked and then formed into balls. When my son-in-law and grandson are coming for a visit, I'm always sure to have these cookies on hand.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Additional sugar
- In a bowl, beat eggs until lemon-colored. Gradually beat in sugar. Beat in extracts. Stir in the dates, coconut and walnuts. Pour into an ungreased deep 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven; stir with a wooden spoon (batter will appear moist and sticky). Place baking dish on a wire rack. When cool enough to handle, roll batter into 1-in. balls. Roll in sugar; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 114 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.