Christmas Ball Ornaments
Make a cute and colorful statement on your cookie platter with this easy recipe. This cookie rocks!
Total TimePrep: 20 min., Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough (16-1/2 ounces)
- Red and green paste food coloring
- On a lightly floured surface, knead flour into cookie dough just until blended. Divide into thirds. Tint one portion red; tint a second portion green. Leave remaining dough plain.
- Roll each portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut four ornaments from each with a floured 3-1/4-in. round cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Cut four ornament stems from each color with a floured 3/4-in. round cutter; attach to ornaments.
- With the 3/4-in. round cutter, cut out holes across ornaments; replace with plain dough centers. With a straw or small pastry tip, cut out a small hole in each of the centers; replace with different colored centers.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 ornament: 195 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.