- 1 tablespoon plus 2 cups butter, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- Grease a 15x10x1-in. pan with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, melt remaining butter. Add sugar, slivered almonds, water and salt; cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 295° (approaching hard-crack stage). Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Quickly pour into prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature until cool, about 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt 1 cup chocolate chips; spread over toffee. Refrigerate 45 minutes or until set. Invert onto an ungreased large baking sheet. Melt remaining chips; spread over toffee. Sprinkle with chopped almonds. Let stand 1 hour. Break into bite-size pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 1-1/2 pounds.
Reviews for Christmas Almond Toffee
"Don't use!! Made 3 recipes,none turned out.wasted time and money"
"Use this toffee recipe!"
"I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out all sugary. I used the thermometer and the cracked candy test with water and both passed. What a waste of time and supplies."
"I am so disappointed. I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out gooey instead of crunchy. I just hate the wasted time and ingredients. It was suppose to go to someone."
"I've been making this toffee for 30 years. It's one of the first things to disappear from my cookie trays. Crunchy, buttery, delicious!"