Chow Mein Tuna Salad Recipe
- 3 cans (12 ounces each) white water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cashews
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 3 jars (2 ounces each) diced pimientos, drained and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chow mein noodles
- 1. Place tuna in a large bowl; set aside. In another large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cashews, onions, pimientos, green pepper, sour cream, vinegar and salt.
- 2. Pour over tuna and toss to coat. Serve with chow mein noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 804 calories, 69g fat (11g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 1112mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Chow Mein Tuna Salad
"I nearly fell out of my chair when I read the nutrition facts: 804 calories, 69 g fat, 1,112 mg sodium. Yikes! I thought it tasted great when a family member made this recipe, and I had planned to make it myself. But now I know that I need to revamp things! I will start by using albacore tuna in the packets, reduced-fat mayo, fat-free sour cream, no added salt, and only a sprinkling of the cashews and the chow mein noodles. I want a very similar taste...if only I can achieve it!"