Chow Mein Sunflower Coleslaw
I like easy recipes that are easy yet delicious. With only eight ingredients, this cabbage salad can be put together in mere minutes. Then just refrigerate for an hour to let the flavors blend.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 4 to 5 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, sunflower kernels, almonds and onions. In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar and brown sugar. Pour over the coleslaw mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Just before serving, sprinkle with chow mein noodles.