Chow Mein Chicken
Whenever I get the craving for Chinese food, I look no further than my own kitchen! This easy-to-make entree is ready in a matter of minutes.—Debbie Franzen, Sewickley, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles
- 1/3 cup salted cashew halves
- In a saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Stir in soup, broth and soy sauce. Add the chicken and mushrooms; heat through.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with chow mein noodles and cashews. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 578 calories, 36g fat (13g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 1283mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 37g protein.
Originally published as Chow Mein Chicken in Country Woman May/June 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.