Chorizo sausage adds even more zip to jalapeno popper snacks bursting with cheese. Guests are glad to see them at my parties throughout the year.—Daniel Brock, Sarasota, Florida
Recommended: 44 Ways to Get More Jalapenos in Your Life
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 pound uncooked chorizo or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 24 jalapeno peppers
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a skillet, cook chorizo and onion over medium heat until sausage is cooked through, 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl using a slotted spoon. Stir in all remaining ingredients except jalapenos.
- Cut jalapenos lengthwise in half; remove seeds and membranes. Fill each half with scant 1 tablespoon sausage mixture. Place in greased 15x10x1-in. pans. Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 18-20 minutes. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chorizo Poppers in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p28
Reviews forChorizo Poppers
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2016
"Perfectly spiced. I used cheddar cheese because it was all I had on hand and they were still really good."
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2014
"Very Very GOOD!"