- 3/4 pound uncooked chorizo or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 24 jalapeno peppers
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a skillet, cook chorizo and onion over medium heat until sausage is cooked through, 5-7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove to a bowl. Stir in all remaining ingredients except jalapenos.
- Cut jalapenos lengthwise in half; remove seeds and membranes. Fill each half with scant 1 tablespoon sausage mixture. Place on greased 15x10x1-in. pans. Bake until heated through, 18-20 minutes. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forChorizo Poppers
"Perfectly spiced. I used cheddar cheese because it was all I had on hand and they were still really good."
"Very Very GOOD!"