Chorizo Date Rumaki
"I got this recipe from my sister-in-law who got it from her chef brother," shares Miriam Hershberger from Holmesville, Ohio. "It is delicious, and it always disappears quickly."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (1 pound) sliced bacon
- 4 ounces uncooked chorizo or spicy Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 32 pitted dates
- Cut each bacon strip in half. In a large skillet, cook bacon in batches over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain drippings. Crumble chorizo into the same skillet; cook and stir until fully cooked. Drain. Stir in cream cheese.
- Carefully cut a slit in the center of each date; fill with cream cheese mixture. Wrap a piece of bacon around each stuffed date; secure with toothpicks. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 69 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Date and Chorizo Rumaki in Taste of Home December/January 2007