Chorizo Cheese Dip
Guests will wipe the bowl clean when you set out this spicy cheese dip from our Test Kitchen. Serve it with tortilla chips or even vegetable dippers.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound uncooked chorizo
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cartons (12 ounces each) white Mexican dipping cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Crumble chorizo into a large skillet; cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until fully cooked. Drain. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the peppers, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in cayenne and chorizo; heat through.
- Heat cheese according to package directions; stir into meat mixture. Serve warm with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers.