"The aroma that fills the house as this pork dish simmers if fabulous," writes Suzanne Reyes of Tustin, California. "All you need to complete the meal is a green vegetable and maybe a loaf of bread. It's impressive enough for company," she adds.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) herb stuffing mix
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Place half of the stuffing mixture in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with pork and remaining stuffing mixture. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chops With Fruit Stuffing in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p17
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Chops With Fruit Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review