Chops with Fruit Stuffing
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) herb stuffing mix
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Place half of the stuffing mixture in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with pork and remaining stuffing mixture. Cook, covered, on low until pork is tender, about 3 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 435 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 741mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Jan 15, 2020
Referring to other reviews of dryness I added a full can of chicken broth. I also added another apple per our tastes, and used Craisins because that's what I had on hand. I cooked it on high for 3 hours. We really liked it.
Sep 24, 2012
Didn't think the flavor was good considering all of the ingredients. The pork was dry.
Jan 8, 2011
Unfortunately my new crockpot was just too hot, even on low, so the stuffing burned a bit and the pork chops were dry. The flavors were still good, so I'll just make some adjustments next time. I'll use about half the dried cherries and give them a quick chop. I'll also add some more broth and bake it covered in the oven.
Nov 9, 2010
This is my all time favorite slow cooker recipe. The stuffing is fabulous and the pork so tender. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it!! 5 stars and 2 thumbs up!!
May 18, 2009
This stuffing is sooo good! I like to make it with chicken.
Dec 25, 2008
These are delicious!! Best stuffing ever! Will definitely make this again!!