Looking for a last-minute dinner standout? Try these juicy pork chops and fried rice from Amboy, Indiana’s Donna Anderson. Simmered in a savory sauce, this delicious dish is table-ready in less than half an hour!
Recommended: 29 Healthy Winter Skillet Meals
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fried rice and vermicelli mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute rice mix in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in the water, mushrooms and contents of rice seasoning packet.
- Place pork chops over rice mixture; drizzle with soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover; simmer 2-5 minutes longer or until rice is tender and meat juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chops with Fried Rice in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p48
Reviews forChops with Fried Rice
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 22, 2012
"I thought this was Ok but not great. The meat was tough and the only flavor I could taste was salt."
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2010
"easy and my family loved it."