Chops with Fried Rice
Looking for a last-minute dinner standout? Try these juicy pork chops and fried rice from Amboy, Indiana’s Donna Anderson. Simmered in a savory sauce, this delicious dish is table-ready in less than half an hour!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fried rice and vermicelli mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute rice mix in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in the water, mushrooms and contents of rice seasoning packet.
- Place pork chops over rice mixture; drizzle with soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover; simmer 2-5 minutes longer or until rice is tender and meat juices run clear.