Chops with Corn Salsa
This easy recipe is popular with my family and friends. I like to serve it throughout the year.—Diane Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Rub chili powder over both sides of pork chops. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown chops in oil; drain. Add the tomatoes, corn and olives. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-16 minutes or until meat is tender and juices run clear. Remove chops and keep warm. Stir cilantro into corn mixture; serve with chops.