Our two children and I plan to mix up this attractive salad for brunch on Father's Day. It's always been enjoyed wherever I have served it. Having my recipe chosen as a contest winner is a special treat for me—Country Woman has been my favorite source for new food ideas for years!
Recommended: 40 Lettuce Recipes You Can Get Excited About
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped in bite-size pieces
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, chopped in bite-size pieces
- 1/4 pound Italian salami, finely diced
- 1/4 pound part-skim mozzarella cheese, finely chopped
- 1 cup garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine salad ingredients in a glass bowl; chill while mixing dressing. Combine dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour dressing over salad just before serving and toss lightly. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chopped Salad with Parmesan Dressing in Country Woman May/June 1990, p29
Reviews forChopped Salad with Parmesan Dressing
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2012
"This was delicious! I used low-fat salami and accidentally forgot the chickpeas. I'd love a way to make a healthier dressing."