- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped in bite-size pieces
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, chopped in bite-size pieces
- 1/4 pound Italian salami, finely diced
- 1/4 pound mozzarella cheese, finely chopped
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained, rinsed
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine salad ingredients in a glass bowl; chill while mixing dressing. Combine dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour dressing over salad just before serving and toss lightly. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forChopped Salad with Parmesan Dressing
"This was delicious! I used low-fat salami and accidentally forgot the chickpeas. I'd love a way to make a healthier dressing."