Chopped Broccoli Cornbread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) cornbread/muffin mix
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine cornbread mixes. In another bowl, beat eggs, cottage cheese and butter. Stir into cornbread mixes just until moistened. Fold in broccoli and onion.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 196 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Nov 19, 2013
This was so easy to make and kids LOVED it! Will recommend to friends and family for sure!
Oct 22, 2011
I'd rate this a 5/5. I made it without the onion since my husband doesn't care for onion. It was very moist. Next time I may try adding some cheddar cheese to the recipe to add to the delicious flavor.