Chop Suey Recipe
This recipe is my children's all-time favorite meal. How much do they like it? Even more than they like pizza...and that's a lot!—Debra Weihert, Waterloo, Wisconsin
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (28 ounces) chop suey vegetables, drained
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Cooked rice
- Chow mein noodles
- 1. In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Dissolve bouillon in 1-1/2 cups boiling water; add to skillet.
- 2. Combine remaining water with cornstarch; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until thickened. Add vegetables and soy sauce; stir and cook until heated through, about 15 minutes.
- 3. Serve over rice; sprinkle with chow mein noodles. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 149 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 691mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Chop Suey
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC