Chocolaty Zucchini Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
Makes3 loaves (16 slices each)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Whisk the eggs, oil, butter and extracts. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini, pecans and raisins. Pour into three greased and floured 8x4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from the pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 174 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 13, 2014
made this yesterday. very easy and delicious.
Jun 26, 2014
Very rich chocolate flavor. Easy to make. Delicious.
Oct 1, 2008
Delicious and easy! Brought a loaf to work and it disappeared FAST! I didn't add the pecans; instead added mini chocolate chips. Thanks for the recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.