- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Sprinkle marshmallows into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, water, peanut butter, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes or until smooth. Pour over marshmallows; sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forChocolaty Peanut Butter Cake
"Ugh! I think it's peanut butter that affects the taste. I won't make this again - and regret having done it at all ! Grammy"
"Can I give zero stars? I put into cupcake liners and the marshmallows made a gooey mess. Liners stuck to cupcake pan. Inside of cake too crumbly to bite into. Second batch attempted shorter cooking time but still a mess. Peanut butter tasted bland/kinda off too."
"easy to make, I had a German chocolate cake mix. Was on the dry side. Sticky on the bottom. Took this to church, as people took pieces it feel apart on them. I won't make it again. Came home with about half in pieces, so I made some chocolate pudding and some cool whip and made a trifle. My family will eat it fixed this way."
"easy to make and very moist. Will definitely make it again. Doesn't need frosting."
"The bottom was sticky, had peanut butter taste, yet a bit on the dry side.Frosting - yes, needs some. I won't make it again.KLcakes"
"Made this recipe for the first time for church today...so easy and delicious. Everyone LIKED it and got several requests for the recipe. I will definitely make it again and again and again..."