Bits of unsweetened chocolate add a deliciously different twist to typical Mexican Wedding Cakes. It wouldn't be Christmas without these mouthwatering morsels!—bethany, TOH Online Community
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Fall Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in chocolate and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until set.
- Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks. When completely cool, roll again in sugar. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Mexican Wedding Cakes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p137
Reviews forChocolaty Mexican Wedding Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review