Chocolaty Fruit Dip
“My grandma helped me experiment with chocolate sauce and yogurt combinations to create this fruit dip for a tea party we had. Our guests said it was 'yummy!'" Abigail Sims - Terrell, Texas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 10 miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- Assorted fresh fruit
- Line a strainer with 4 layers of cheesecloth or 1 coffee filter and place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; cover yogurt with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the milk, marshmallows and chocolate chips. Cook and stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Remove yogurt from cheesecloth and discard liquid from bowl. Gradually stir yogurt into milk mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with fruit.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 88 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Aug 31, 2010
Jul 30, 2008
I took this to a pool party, and it was a huge success - definately will be making this again! What's not to like with chocolate dip?? and a good way to get your fruit and veggies!