- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Add oats, cornflakes and coconut. Shape into 1-in. balls and place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped lightly in flour. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For filling, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the chocolate; mix well. Spread about 1 tablespoon on half of the cookies and top each with another cookie. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forChocolaty Double Crunchers
"These are easy to make and super tasty!"
"These are very easy to make and super tasty!"
"I've Not Made These Yet.But Getting Anxious to Make Them.They Look Like A Peanut Butter cookie.They Really Really Look Delish!!!!"
"I have been making these for years! The recipe card is dirty and tired, but the cookies are still YUMMY!"