Chocolaty Banana Cream Pie Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Chocolate curls and additional sliced bananas, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa, salt and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- 2. Pour half of the filling into pastry shell. Top with sliced bananas and remaining filling. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- 3. Garnish with whipped topping. Decorate with chocolate curls and additional bananas if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 419 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Chocolaty Banana Cream Pie
"Make sure to keep stirring until mixture thickens. Otherwise the sauce pan will burn."