- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 16 large marshmallows
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate chips, butter and marshmallows; stir until smooth. Stir in oats, coconut and vanilla; mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until set, about 30 minutes. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Yummies
"It bears mentioning that this recipe is from the Betty Crocker Cooky Book - found it there exactly as written about 50 years ago and have been making it ever since. It was a favorite of my kids and all of their friends!"
"i am really picky but this is kinda really-ish good but i had to add 1.5 cup oat and 1.5 cup of simi-sweet chocolate chips...if you"
"I like this better than the peanut butter based no bake cookies."
"This is too much like the fudge. The recipe I used to have doesn't have marshmallow and has more oats. And, it doesn't need to be in the refrigerator. It hardens right on the cookie sheet and it can be picked up with your fingers without sticking to them. The coconut is optional and so are nuts. Now, that is yummy."