Chocolate Yeast Bread Recipe
Your family will love this tender loaf of chocolate bread. Slices are excellent when toasted and spread with butter, cream cheese or peanut butter. —Laura Cryts, Derry, New Hampshire
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1. In a bowl, combine 1-1/4 cups flour, cocoa, sugar, yeast, salt and baking soda. In a saucepan, heat the water, milk, chocolate chips and butter; stir until chocolate is melted. Cool to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup flour and egg; beat on high for 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Shape into loaves. Place in two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until browned. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 slice: 94 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Yeast Bread
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC