- 6 cups frosted bite-size Shredded Wheat
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Place cereal in a large bowl; set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Pour over cereal and stir gently to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and toss to coat. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6 cups.
Reviews forChocolate Wheat Cereal Snacks
"This is not the original version of 'puppy chow! However, this is a great way to make a 'lighter' version. Without as much coating as other recipes, it was not as messy. Plus, kids can eat one bite at a time, keeping hands a bit cleaner. (because of bite size and because it is not coated nearly as much as traditional recipe) We feel it is better to use only about 5 cups cereal. We love the origianl puppy chow mix but works well for shreaded wheat cereal!"
"Did you find your recipe made with Crispix? Mine is called Trash.1 stick margarine melted 12 oz chocolate chips 1 C peanut butter 1 box Crispix cereal 1 pound powdered sugar 1 white kitchen trash bag Melt margarine, chocolate chips and peanut butter in the microwave. Measure cereal into a large bowl. Pour chocolate mixture over the top and stir gently. Pour 1/2 the powdered sugar into a clean white kitchen trash bag. Pour in the coated cereal and cover with the rest of the sugar. Gently shake the bag until the cereal is covered. Tastes like a peanut butter cup! Enjoy! "
"Search for Puppy Chow"
"Was looking for a recipe much like this except it used chex or crispix instead of shredded wheat"
"I did a little adjusting for my lower sugar,healthy children. I used Kashi Autumn Wheat and cut back on the confectioners sugar using just enough to coat so they wouldn't stick together. The grandchildren loved them!"