Chocolate Walnut Tart
"You’ll have no hassle, no fuss and no leftovers with this dessert," Sue Shank promises from Harrisonburg, Virginia. "It looks impressive, but it’s actually so simple. It can be prepared in a 9- or 11-inch pan and tastes wonderful served warm with ice cream or whipped topping."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to fit an 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Transfer pastry to pan; trim edges. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and walnuts. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter and vanilla. Pour over chips and nuts.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
Originally published as Chocolate-Walnut Tart in Quick Cooking November/December 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.