Chocolate Turtle Ice Cream Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 3/4 cup small pecan halves, toasted
- 6 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2/3 cup whipped topping
- Set aside 12-16 pecan halves for garnish; chop remaining pecans. In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, 1/4 cup caramel topping and chopped pecans. Spread into pie crust. Cover and freeze for at least 2-1/2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with whipped topping, remaining caramel topping and reserved pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 457 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 15, 2010
OMG was this delish. Should have made 3 instead of 2. Seen the movie "gone in 60 seconds"? That was my pie!
Aug 24, 2009
Jonty: Put nuts in dry skillet over med-low heat; shake & stir often until lightly browned; OR in a single layer, at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, shake occasionally; OR place 1 cup on microwave turntable & microwave on High approx 5 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
May 7, 2009
How do you toast the pecans?