Chocolate Turtle Ice Cream Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 3/4 cup small pecan halves, toasted
- 6 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2/3 cup whipped topping
- Set aside 12-16 pecan halves for garnish; chop remaining pecans. In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, 1/4 cup caramel topping and chopped pecans. Spread into pie crust. Cover and freeze for at least 2-1/2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with whipped topping, remaining caramel topping and reserved pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 457 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
May 15, 2010
OMG was this delish. Should have made 3 instead of 2. Seen the movie "gone in 60 seconds"? That was my pie!
Aug 24, 2009
Jonty: Put nuts in dry skillet over med-low heat; shake & stir often until lightly browned; OR in a single layer, at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, shake occasionally; OR place 1 cup on microwave turntable & microwave on High approx 5 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
May 7, 2009
How do you toast the pecans?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.