Chocolate Truffle Recipe
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 4 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vanilla or white chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips. Add the cream cheese, coffee granules and water; mix well. Chill until firm enough to handle.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- 3. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating. Dip balls in coating; return to baking sheet and let stand until set.
- 4. In another microwave-safe bowl, melt vanilla chips with shortening; stir until smooth. Transfer to a pastry or plastic bag; cut a hole in the corner of bag. Drizzle over truffles. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 125 calories, 8g fat (6g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Truffle
"Delicious! but a little time consuming. Did it for valentine's party at church and they loved them. will make them again."
"sooooo gooood !!!!"
"Sorry, I gave a review on this recipe. This is not the one I made for my Granddaughters wedding. I made the mocha truffle recipe that makes 66 servings (5 1/2 doz.)"
"This is one of my all time favorite candies to make. They are so rich and wonderful!!!"