Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 4 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vanilla or white chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips. Add the cream cheese, coffee granules and water; mix well. Chill until firm enough to handle.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating. Dip balls in coating; return to baking sheet and let stand until set.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, melt vanilla chips with shortening; stir until smooth. Transfer to a pastry or plastic bag; cut a hole in the corner of bag. Drizzle over truffles. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 125 calories, 8g fat (6g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 26, 2014
Delicious! but a little time consuming. Did it for valentine's party at church and they loved them. will make them again.
Dec 17, 2010
sooooo gooood !!!!
Nov 10, 2009
Sorry, I gave a review on this recipe. This is not the one I made for my Granddaughters wedding. I made the mocha truffle recipe that makes 66 servings (5 1/2 doz.)
Nov 10, 2009
I made 400 of these as favors at my Granddaughters wedding. This is an easy and wonderful recipe. Adding the white chocolate on top makes them look professional.
Dec 21, 2008
This is one of my all time favorite candies to make. They are so rich and wonderful!!!