- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped, divided
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 chocolate cookie crust (8 or 9 inches)
- Whipped cream and chocolate-covered peppermint candies, optional
- In a microwave-safe dish, combine the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of cream; cook on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla; set aside. In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until soft peaks form. Beat in chocolate mixture on high, one third at a time; mix well. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and candies if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Truffle Pie
"Creamy, chocolate and very good. The family liked so we will be making again."
"My 11-yr-old daughter was able to complete this recipe independently, which attests to its ease in preparation; but the chocolate flavor was a mite too intense for our family. Don't misunderstand- the texture was perfect and for a true chocoholic, you couldn't find a richer dessert. It just wasn't right for our family."
"I have made this more times than I can count! It is one of our favorite chocolate desserts! (We love to sprinkle extra crushed oreos on top!)"
"This pie is delicious! My family loves it."
"When I made this recipe recently from 1998 Taste Of Home Annual Recipes I ran out of vanilla extract. The recipe calls for one tablespoon of vanilla extract. I poured what I thought was another bottle of vanilla extract which I had in a tablespoon and it formed a cloudy precipitate. It was orange extract in a vanilla extract box! It added a whole new flavor! I estimated that I mixed one teaspoon of each instead of one tablespoon of vanilla extract.Marie Gelsomino, Stroudsburg, PA"