Chocolate Truffle Cookies
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chocolate sprinkles
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter, confectioners' sugar and cocoa until light and fluffy. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add flour; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls; dip in chocolate sprinkles. Place, sprinkled side up, 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes or until set. Cool 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
2 each: 179 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 8, 2014
Making them for the first time and I think they will be a holiday favorite. Gave them a four because I like to see how they will freeze. Followed recipe exactly and am having good results.
Dec 31, 1969
I made these chocolate truffle cookies they came out GOOD but I didn't put 1/4 cup sour cream I put 1 spoon family love it
Dec 18, 2011
I have made these cookies for my Church Cookie Bazaar this Christmas season and have been asked for the recipe by 4 families. Loved them and can't have enough of them. Great for Chocolate Lovers.
Apr 18, 2011
I made the recipe exactly as written but my nice round balls of chilled dough did not bake nicely at all. I didn't care for the taste (too chocolatey and sugary) and they could not be served to others. Not sure what can be fixed in the recipe but I won't be trying it again.
Dec 12, 2010
These cookies were great to take to a cookie party for the holidays. They made enough without having to double the batch, and were very easy to make. Prepare yourself for chocolate heaven!
Dec 2, 2010
This is a staple of my Christmas cookie baking. They go SO FAST and I always get requests for the recipe. YUM!
Sep 23, 2009
I love these cookies! They are easy to make and they look so pretty. I will be making them for Christmas using red and green sprinkles.
Mar 11, 2009
These are the best! I have made them numerous times and always receive rave reviews. YUMMY!