Chocolate Truffle Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 2-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chocolate sprinkles
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar and cocoa until light and fluffy. Beat in sour ream and vanilla. Add flour; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Roll into 1-in. balls; dip in chocolate sprinkles. Place, sprinkled side up, 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes or until set. Cool 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 179 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Truffle Cookies
"Making them for the first time and I think they will be a holiday favorite. Gave them a four because I like to see how they will freeze. Followed recipe exactly and am having good results."
"I made these chocolate truffle cookies they came out GOOD but I didn't put 1/4 cup sour cream I put 1 spoon family love it"
"I made the recipe exactly as written but my nice round balls of chilled dough did not bake nicely at all. I didn't care for the taste (too chocolatey and sugary) and they could not be served to others. Not sure what can be fixed in the recipe but I won't be trying it again."
"These are the best! I have made them numerous times and always receive rave reviews. YUMMY!~ Theresa"