Chocolate-Topped Macaroon Crisps
What a combination! Delicate macaroons drizzled with sweet chocolate can’t be beat. The recipe comes from a co-worker’s daughter, who makes us a huge batch of these every Christmas. —Rosemary Areias, Turlock, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package (14 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- In a food processor, finely chop coconut; set aside. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff and glossy. Fold in vanilla and coconut. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 18-19 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and oil; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 206 calories, 11g fat (8g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Dipped Macaroons in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.