What a combination! Delicate macaroons drizzled with sweet chocolate can’t be beat. The recipe comes from a co-worker’s daughter, who makes us a huge batch of these every Christmas. —Rosemary Areias, Turlock, California
Recommended: 35 Cookie Recipes You Need in Your Collection
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (14 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- In a food processor, finely chop coconut; set aside. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff and glossy. Fold in vanilla and coconut. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 18-19 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and oil; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Topped Macaroon Crisps in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p82