- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits (Hershey's SKOR)
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits, divided
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa and baking soda. Stir in water, oil, vinegar and vanilla until smooth. Add toffee bits. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, combine confectioners' sugar and cocoa; set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat butter and 1/2 cup cocoa mixture. Add milk, vanilla and remaining cocoa mixture; beat until desired spreading consistency is reached. Stir in 1/2 cup toffee bits. Frost cupcakes. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Top with remaining toffee bits before serving. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Toffee Cupcakes
"we love these!"
"These are good but the chocolate flavour is fairly strong. I used less margarine and more milk in the frosting. The toffee bits in them are delicious!"
"So far I only tried the frosting part of this recipe and I substituted buttermilk for the milk. We all agreed that the frosting was wonderful. (I used Buttermilk chocolate Cupcakes recipe from this site.)"
"My family loved these cupcakes, however I had a lot of icing left over. I would probably not make as much the next time. I froze the icing to use on my next batch."
"Looks & sounds good & great..Can't hardly wait to try."