Chocolate Temptation Brownies
Chocolate lovers will stand in line for these rich, three-layer squares that have a peanut butter filling and decadent glaze. They're heavenly!—Iola Egle, Bella Vista, Arkansas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- PEANUT BUTTER FILLING:
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over medium heat. Remove from the heat; stir in sugars and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Combine flour and salt; stir into butter mixture just until combined. Stir in peanuts.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy; spread over brownie layer. Chill until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter with cream; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar. Spread over peanut butter layer. Chill until firm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 277 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Sweet Temptation Chocolate Brownies in Country Woman Christmas 2010