Chocolate Tea Bread
When people sample this chocolaty moist bread, they're surprised that biscuit mix is an ingredient.—Geri Davis, Prescott, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream cheese or orange marmalade, optional
- In a bowl, beat egg. Gradually add sugar; mix well. Add orange juice alternately with biscuit mix. Fold in chocolate, nuts and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve with cream cheese or marmalade if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 137 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Tea Bread in Country Woman November/December 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.