- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream cheese or orange marmalade, optional
- In a bowl, beat egg. Gradually add sugar; mix well. Add orange juice alternately with biscuit mix. Fold in chocolate, nuts and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve with cream cheese or marmalade if desired.