Chocolate Tart with Cranberry Raspberry Sauce
With its rich chocolate and fruity flavors, a little bit of this tart goes a long way. The berry-wine sauce lends an elegant touch. —Diane Nemitz, Ludington, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups unblanched almonds
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 large Eggland's Best eggs, room temperature
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons port wine or water
- Preheat oven to 350°. Process flour, oats and sugar in a food processor until oats are ground. Add butter; pulse until crumbly. Press onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of an ungreased 10-in. springform pan. Bake until lightly browned, 14-16 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Process almonds in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Beat brown sugar, corn syrup, eggs, chocolate and melted butter; stir in almonds.
- Pour into prepared crust. Bake until center is set and crust is golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine 1 cup raspberries, cranberries, sugar and wine. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat to low; cook, uncovered, until cranberries pop, 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Press berry mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl; discard seeds. Refrigerate sauce until serving.
- Remove rim from pan. Serve tart with sauce and remaining raspberries.
Nutrition Facts1 slice with 4 teaspoons sauce: 462 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Bittersweet Chocolate Tart with Cran-Raspberry Sauce in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.