Chocolate Swirled Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1 cup crushed chocolate wafers (about 16 wafers)
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg white
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- 1. Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter; place over a bowl. Place cottage cheese in strainer; refrigerate, covered, 1 hour. Place a 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square); wrap foil securely around pan. Coat inside of pan with cooking spray. Press crushed wafers onto bottom and 1 in. up sides.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. In a food processor, process drained cottage cheese until smooth. Add cream cheese, sugar and salt; process until blended. Transfer to a bowl; stir in vanilla, eggs and egg white. Remove 1 cup batter to a small bowl; stir in melted chocolate.
- 3. Pour plain batter into crust. Drop chocolate batter by spoonfuls over plain batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to larger pan.
- 4. Bake until center is just set and top appears dull, about 40 minutes. Turn off oven; open door slightly. Cool cheesecake in oven 30 minutes.
- 5. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Loosen sides of cheesecake with a knife; cool on a wire rack 30 minutes. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- 6. Remove rim from pan. If desired, top with raspberries. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 187 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Chocolate Swirled Cheesecake
"This cake is amazing!! I have been making it for years; it is very good, creamy. It was my go to recipe for quite awhile. It may be a little time consuming for some, but completely worth it!!"