- 1-1/4 cups refrigerated Lightened-Up Holiday Cookie Dough (recipe on page _)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup vanilla or white chips, melted
- Press dough onto the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan (dough will be thin). Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow chips to soften for a few minutes, then spread over bars. Drop spoonfuls of melted vanilla chips over top; cut through chocolate with a knife to swirl. Let stand until set. Cut into bars. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Swirled Bars
"REcipe saved1 agree with JBess regardings ugar carb. count. Recipes ought to clearly state that. EVen when recipe states **Diabetic friendly** it truly makes ya wonder if that's so."
"I thought the cookie dough was a little dry and crumbly however a great idea and melting choc chips, smoothing over after coming out of the oven works splendidly however I use a full 12 oz on a 9x13 size dish. I also do the same melting chips on top of a dish of brownies!"
"Not bad- endless variation you can do. I made a batch w/ m&m's and one with crushed heath bars"
"Have to agree with JBess. Hard to believe that cookie dough with 3 cups of sugar, topped with eve more sugar (two types of chocolate chips), could be healthy, much less diabetic friendly. Makes you wonder how accurate the other info is. I would love to see the recipes include the grams of sugar in each recipe!"
"I made these just using sugar cookie dough from the store and they turn out pretty good..."
"Sprinkle crushed pepermint candy canes on top of the chocolate before it sets and they taste even better! They look prety too!"
"didn't make it, but you could use the swirly stuff on graham crackers and cut out he cookie part"
"I haven't tryed this recipe. How would they call it diabetic with 11/2 cups of brown and white sugar in the cookie dough?I would worry about severing this at church to diabetics."
"Family loved these, and so easy to make. I swirled with butterscotch chips. Yum!"