Chocolate-Swirl Eggnog Pie
My mom has been collecting recipes for 25 years, and her file is huge. Before I got married, I copied down all my favorites, including this creamy pie.—Angela Goodman, Moscow, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a bowl, combine the flour, walnuts, brown sugar, butter and chocolate. Press into a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in eggnog until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Stir into eggnog mixture until gelatin is dissolved. Divide mixture in half. Stir rum extract into one half; fold chocolate into the other half. Cover and refrigerate until partially set.
- Fold cream into rum-flavored filling; spoon into crust. Spoon chocolate filling over the top; cut through with a knife to swirl the chocolate. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 463 calories, 27g fat (13g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Swirl Eggnog Pie in Country Woman Christmas 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.