Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Recipe
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. Place a lightly greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Sprinkle crumbs over bottom and sides of the pan; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in orange juice and peel. Set aside 3/4 cup; pour remaining filling into pan.
- 3. Stir chocolate into reserved filling. Drop by spoonfuls over filling; cut through batter with a knife to swirl the chocolate.
- 4. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 350° for 75-80 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull.
- 5. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice: 315 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
"Delicious recipe. I love the addition of orange to the cheesecake. It was very tasty!"
"I just took this out of the oven, after the 75 minutes and the top was browned. I think the cooking time listed is too long."