Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + chilling
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Whipped cream, optional
- Place a lightly greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Sprinkle crumbs over bottom and sides of the pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in orange juice and zest. Set aside 3/4 cup; pour remaining filling into pan.
- Stir chocolate into reserved filling. Drop by spoonfuls over filling; cut through batter with a knife to swirl the chocolate.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 350° for 75-80 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull.
- Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
Aug 15, 2017
Aug 15, 2017
I made this cheesecake for the first time for my family at Christmas. Of course, I had to tweak it slightly. I used less chocolate and added caramel!! OMG!! Everyone loved the new version. I'm so glad this recipe is here for me!! I love this site!!!
May 2, 2015
Delicious recipe. I love the addition of orange to the cheesecake. It was very tasty!
Jan 11, 2011
I just took this out of the oven, after the 75 minutes and the top was browned. I think the cooking time listed is too long.