Some of the strawberry jam I put up every year makes its way into these brownies. I like to bake up a batch as a special treat for the learning-disabled students I teach. My husband and three sons enjoy them, too. —Teresa Jansen, Advance, Missouri
Featured In: 14 Chocolate-Strawberry Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- TRUFFLE FILLING:
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam or preserves
- 1/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and eggs. Stir in chocolate mixture. Dissolve coffee in water; add to chocolate mixture. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to batter.
- Spread evenly in a greased and floured 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool.
- Meanwhile, for filling, melt chocolate chips and coffee granules; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add jam and confectioners' sugar; mix well. Beat in melted chocolate until well blended. Spread over brownies.
- For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over filling. Chill at least 1 hour. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Strawberry Truffle Brownies in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate 1994, p33
Reviews forChocolate Strawberry Truffle Brownies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2015
"Delicious and decadent!"